Sensory Friendly Film Series (WEST HAZLETON): Smurfs: The Lost Village
Most film-goers can attest to the sensory assault of many of today’s films -- loud music, vivid special effects, explosions, fast scene changes, and multiple dimensions. Imagine, then, the impact on a child with special needs who may be eager to experience the joy of seeing a movie on the big screen, but is unable to withstand the sensory overload.
As part of ADMI's Community Outreach and Family Support initiative, ADMI, the PA Women's Open, and West Hazleton's Cinema & Drafthouse are happy to offer children with special developmental needs and their families a chance to experience the joy of seeing a movie on the big screen. The Sensory Friendly Film Series will:
- Provide a comfortable and accepting environment for those who want to get up, move around or make noise
- Feature family friendly movies in 2D
- Begin on-time, with no previews or trailers
- Lower the volume of music and special effects
- Provide low-level lighting, instead of total darkness
Doors will open at 5:15pm. The movie will begin promptly at 6:00pm.
There is no charge to attend the movie! Come hungry. Full menu available!
Those wishing to attend please RSVP to Stephanie by calling 570.522.9436 or emailing email@example.com.
The Cinema & Drafthouse is located at 31 West Broad Street, West Hazleton, PA 18202.