Sensory Friendly Film Series - Despicable Me
Most film-goers can attest to the sensory assault of many of today’s films—loud music, vivid special effects, explosions, fast scene changes, and multiple dimensions. Imagine, then, the impact on a child with special needs who may be eager to experience the joy of seeing a movie on the big screen, but is unable to withstand the sensory overload.
As part of ADMI's Community Outreach and Family Support initiative, ADMI and The Campus Theatre are happy to offer children with special developmental needs and their families a chance to experience the joy of seeing a movie on the big screen. The Sensory Friendly Film Series will:
- Provide a comfortable and accepting environment for those who want to get up, move around or make noise
- Feature family friendly movies in 2D
- Begin on-time, with no previews or trailers
- Lower the volume of music and special effects
- Provide low-level lighting, instead of total darkness
- Allow those with special dietary needs to bring snacks
Doors will open at 1:00 pm. Families are encouraged to come early for planned activities for children and parents. The movie will begin promptly at 2:00 pm.
There is no charge to attend the movie. Donations will be accepted by the theatre to fund future screenings.
Those wishing to attend must RSVP to Megan by calling 570.522.6281 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A future screening is scheduled for April 13 at 2:00 pm. The Campus Theatre is located at 413 Market Street, Lewisburg.