Sensory Friendly Film Series WILKES-BARRE
Most film-goers can attest to the sensory assault of many of today’s films -- loud music, vivid special effects, explosions, fast scene changes, and multiple dimensions. Imagine, then, the impact on a child with special needs who may be eager to experience the joy of seeing a movie on the big screen, but is unable to withstand the sensory overload.
As part of ADMI's Community Outreach and Family Support initiative, ADMI, Supporting Autism and Families Everywhere (SAFE), and R/C Wilkes Barre Movies 14 are happy to offer children with special developmental needs and their families a chance to experience the joy of seeing a movie on the big screen. The Sensory Friendly Film Series will:
- Provide a comfortable and accepting environment for those who want to get up, move around or make noise
- Feature family-friendly movies in 2D
- Begin on-time, with no previews or trailers
- Lower the volume of music and special effects
- Provide low-level lighting, instead of total darkness
Doors will open at 10:00 am. The movie will begin promptly at 11:00 am. The movie title will be announced soon.
There is no charge to attend the movie! Donations will be accepted to fund future screenings.
The cinema is located at 24 E Northampton St, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701.
Please RSVP by calling the SAFE office at 570-822-7259 by Friday, April 20. You don’t have to be a SAFE member to attend.